Name: Dr Michael Lim Chun Leng
Education: MBBS, MMed (Int Med), FAMS (Cardiology), MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edin)
Awards: Top 10 Cited Paper 2006-2008 Clinical Radiology, awarded by Elsevier in 2009, China Interventional Therapeutics Contribution Award, Beijing China 2008, International Cooperation Award & Friendship Award 2007 and 2008
Qualifications: MBBS, MMed (Int Med), FAMS (Cardiology), MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edin)
Specialty: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Imaging, Endovascular Intervention
• Senior Consultant Cardiologist, Singapore Medical Specialists Centre
• Editor-in-Chief, Heart Asia (a journal of the British Medical Journal (BMJ) Publishing Group)
• Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board, Asia Pacific Heart Association
• Visiting Consultant, Singapore National Heart Centre
• Honorary Professor, Peking University Heart Centre
• President of the Asia Pacific Society of Cardiology
• Chairman for the Board of Trustees, College of Asia Pacific Society of Cardiology
• Dean, College of the Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology
• Board Member , World Heart Federation
• President of the Singapore Cardiac Society
• Member of Electoral College for Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Ministry of Health
• Advisory Board Member of the Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology
• Chairman of the 14th Asia Pacific Congress of Cardiology
• Chairman, Joint Cardiovascular Working Committee
• Medical Director, Gleneagles JPMC Sdn Bhd
• Member, Carotid Stenting Accreditation and Audit committee, Ministry of Health
• Member, Medical Board and Ethics Committee, Bright Vision Hospital
• Member, National Advisory Council on the Family and the Aged
• Consultant, Singapore Armed Forces Paramedics Committee
• First Cardiologist in Singapore to undergo Fellowship in Angiography and Interventional Radiology/Cardiology from one of the leading US centres in Endovascular Intervention, Pittsburgh Vascular Institute, Shadyside Hospital, Pittsburgh USA in 1991.
• Performed the First Carotid Artery Stenting in Asia in 1995.
• Published the first paper in Asia to show highly accurate diagnosis using CT Coronary Angiogram (Clinical Radiology, 2006).
• Published the first paper in the world to show that using CT guided Angioplasty and Stenting, complex disease of the heart arteries can be performed safely without major complications (JACC, 2010).
• First Singapore cardiologist to be made Editor-in-Chief of an international cardiology journal , Heart Asia, published by the internationally renowned and prestigious British Medical Journals Publishing Group.
• Given awards for contribution to the development of Cardiology in China at both the Great Wall International Congress of Cardiology 2007 and the China Interventional Therapeutics 2008.
• Invited as faculty member of scientific sessions at major cardiology meetings including scientific meetings of the American College of Cardiology (ACC), American Heart Association (AHA), European Society of Cardiology (ESC), Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology, China Interventional Therapeutics, Great Wall International Congress of Cardiology.
• Feasibility & safety of CT guided percutaneous coronary intervention (Michael CL Lim et al, Circulation 2010, Vol 122:e218;P1302)
• Clinical efficacy and long term outcomes of CT guided percutaneous coronary intervention (Michael CL Lim et al , J AM Coll Cardiol 2010, 55: A201.E1894)
• Qualitative and quantitative accuracy of a novel multi-lead mobile phone ECG (MCL Lim et al, Eur Heart J 2010, Vol 12; SupplA; P046;S26)
• CT Coronary Angiography as the diagnostic investigation for significant coronary artery disease (Michael CL Lim et al , Circulation 2010, Vol 122;No.2;P520;E89)
• CT Coronary Angiogram as replacement diagnostic investigation for angioplasty of coronary arteries (MCL Lim et al, Circulation 2008;Vol118;e162-e413;P1263)
• Coronary CTA: Is it a safe procedure? (Euro Heart J 2007; Vol28, Suppl 1)
• Non-invasive detection of significant coronary artery disease with multi-section computed tomography angiography in patients with suspected coronary artery disease (Clinical Radiology 2006, Feb61(2):174-80)
• Top 10 Cited Paper 2006-2008 Clinical Radiology, awarded by Elsevier in 2009 for the published paper titled: Non-invasive detection of significant coronary artery disease with multi-section computed tomography angiography in patients with suspected coronary artery disease. (Clinical Radiology 2006)
• China Interventional Therapeutics Contribution Award, Beijing China 2008 for recognition of outstanding contribution and continuing dedication to the development of interventional cardiology in China.
• International Cooperation Award & Friendship Award 2007 and 2008
These awards were given in 2007 and 2008 at the Great Wall International Congress of Cardiology in recognition for the work in linking up China’s cardiology community with the rest of the world and his contribution to Cardiology in China.